It’s the beginning of a new year and there are some new people here, so it seems like an appropriate time to quickly (re)introduce myself.
Hey there. I’m Jenny! I’ve been blogging off and on for the last 12 years. Does that blow your mind as much as it blows mine? Here are a few things about me:
• I have cystic fibrosis, which is what I’m assuming led you here in the first place. I talk about living with CF a lot, but I also share things about motherhood, everyday life, mental health, and other things I’m passionate about.
• Both my older sisters were born with CF, so I was diagnosed at birth. My oldest sister, Shannan, passed away at the age of 14 while awaiting a double lung transplant. My other sister, Teresa, is 40 years old, has 4 beautiful children, and is doing well.
• Born in San Diego and raised in Utah, I’ve spent my whole life around animals, including: dogs, cats, chickens, goats, rabbits, horses, and a hedgehog at one point. (I can still milk a goat like nobody’s business, FYI.)
• My daughter, Morgan, is the light of my life! I was previously married for 7 years, which I’ve learned is something many of you here didn’t know! Randy is not Morgan’s biological father, but he completes our family perfectly.
• I met Randy on Tinder and was pretty certain he might try to kill me on our first date. Good news: I ended up falling in love instead of being murdered (whew!) He changed careers and moved away from his home to start a life with us. We’ve been together for 4.5 years, and he’s never tried to kill me. Not even one time!
• Some of my favorite things include: coffee, sunsets, yoga, the ocean, mountains, true crime, new bed sheets, taking pictures of everything then going through those pictures to reminisce, making new friends, and writing.
If you’ve made it this far, congratulations! And sincerely, from my heart, thank you for being here. It means so much that you choose to share your time and life with me, if even in the smallest way.
If you ever have a question, ask! If you want to send a message or email, do it! If you’ve been reading but haven’t commented, I really want to hear from you!
Just for fun, tell me one random thing about yourself! 👇🏻